Through the generous act of egg donation, you can help make the possibility of pregnancy and the ultimate joy of parenthood a reality. In order to do everything we can to ensure a positive experience for everyone, Fertility Miracles welcomes healthy young women of all ethnicities who are 20 to 29 years of age, both mentally and physically fit, non-smokers, and whose families do not have any genetic disorders.
Upon a successful match, the Fertility Miracles staff will guide the egg donor through the steps that comprise the donation process. These steps include:
- Psychological Evaluation and a computer-based personality test called an MMPI.
- Genetic Consultation to review your family tree.
- Meet with the physician and staff of the recipient for a pelvic exam, ultrasound, blood work, and cultures to test for sexually transmitted diseases and toxic substances.
- Consultation with an attorney to review a legal contract between yourself and the recipient of your eggs.
- A cycle calendar will be provided to you with important dates and prescription medications. Some of these medications will be administered orally and/or by injection. The cycle calendar of medications is a three-week treatment. The physician’s office will go over in detail the names of the medications, instructions on use, and side effects, if any. It is important to note that once the course of medications begins, the donor must abstain from sexual intercourse.
- As the date of the retrieval approaches, you will be seen for pelvic ultrasound and bloodwork almost daily starting approximately one week prior to the egg retrieval. These appointments are very brief and are scheduled early in the morning, so they won’t disrupt your work or school schedule.
- On the day of the egg retrieval, you will be administered a light sedative by IV and the eggs will be retrieved vaginally by an ultrasound-guided needle. After an adequate period of recovery, you will be released from the doctor’s office to go home for the remainder of your recovery. It is not uncommon to have some mild menstrual-type cramping following the procedure.
- You will be able to return to your normal activities the following day. The donor is to continue refraining from sexual intercourse until given clearance by the physician.
Please review the information located in our FAQs section for additional information about the experience and the responsibilities of being a Fertility Miracles Egg Donor.
An Egg Donor’s destiny is to help another person or couple to begin their journey. We look forward to helping you fulfill your destiny.